Sunday, April 8, 2012

Long Way Home

Do you ever feel like every door you encounter is closed?  I do. A lot. I battle depression but try to remind myself that things are already so much better, and over time God will heal all wounds and grow me. But still, life is a journey. Sometimes that journey feels like war. I'm knee high in the muddy trenches of this battle ground. I'm running for my life. Then I'm lost in the woods. And around the bend I'm safe on high ground. Then just a few more steps and I've found myself in another valley.

But I guess that is just how this journey goes. People trip us up. Sin tries to run us down. We mess up. But we have to keep on moving. If we stand still and cry in the shadows of the valley, we might miss out on the gloriously radiant sunshine that is just a few steps around the corner. 

So even when I'm weak, and feel so very alone, I must remember that Christ is walking with me. Not only is He walking with me, He is walking before me--leading me through the shadows, guiding me through the sunshine, carrying me when I'm too tired to keep going. He's always there. He's mapped out this journey. He knows where the path is going. And even when the valley's seem so deep, we must remember that He is in control, and that He guided us around even worse danger. 

He loves us, and we're just taking the long way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment