Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My Love Song

Lately I've been getting back into the habit of expressing myself through written word--whether it's blogging, journaling, writing prayers or poetry--I find that I feel most comforted and at peace when I'm writing. Not only that but I learn best when I meditate and write as well. I'd like to share with you a poem/song I wrote a few months ago when my life was in such deep turmoil. I wrote it looking back on all that I had overcome and looking ahead at the wonderful things in store.

My Love Song
I felt so very broken,
As if I were unwhole.
So I searched for missing pieces
To complete my lonely soul.
Although I knew you God,
My struggles still were great.
Constantly tempted to sin,
Turning back far too late.
I walked with you there
In the valley of death.
But did not trust you Lord,
When my faith you did test.
The winds the blew me over.
The skies they darkened black.
The rivers they arose,
With Satan at my back.
And the wind blew harder still,
Bringing me to my knees—
It was there I found you Lord,
It was there I found your peace.
I cried out to you,
For mercy I did plea,
“Deliver me dear Jesus!
My Lord, rescue me!”
The Prince of Peace heard
My brother he answered me.
He gave me the strength I needed
To sail through stormy seas.
The winds and waves they howled,
The father of lies, he hissed.
He tried to make me fall again,
But all his snares did miss.
Let this be my love song,
A true testament of your grace—
Lord, when I did not have the strength,
You equipped me to run the race.
For Jesus, you did prune me,
Of all my fruitless vines.
In Christ Jesus I am rooted
With all His glory divine.
Nurture me and grow me,
My great Immanuel.
You are God of everything,
May my life this story tell.
To Yaweh be the glory
To God and God alone.
I am just a traveler,
This world is not my home.
You’ve set aside a place for me
A home that’s truly mine
When Heaven’s splendor I will see
For all the rest of time.
There will be more storms
Of troubles, I am sure
But Jesus I will follow
My LORD He will endure!

No comments:

Post a Comment